When testing the front end of a new website, we test on all major:
- desktop browsers
- mobile browsers
- tablet browsers
Testing is performed on both PC and Mac, iOS and Android phones and tablets.
We no longer include Internet Explorer 8 and below in our testing. It is also important to be aware that IE 9 may not function with all modern web technologies. This is purely a limitation of IE 9, and not our development skills. To view browser usage visit this link.
Where relevant, testing includes:
- Making sure the site displays properly and the same on all these devices
- Making sure everything functions properly on all these devices. E.g. Forms submit, galleries controls work, such features as pagination (Previous, 1,2,3 Next) work correctly.
- A product can be purchased using all used payment platforms.
- Features such as password reset or sign-up work correctly.
- Testing is limited to the site it is for, and does not include any 3rd party sites or platforms you may link the site to.
- If a new browser or operating system has been released in 'beta', we do not cover testing for these, as during beta there are still often many bugs or changes yet to be made.
- We also do not guarantee everything will work perfectly in a brand new release of a Microsoft Browser even when out of Beta. Microsoft are notorious for having bugs and problems with their browser technology, which takes them time to iron out.
- We do not guarantee the website will be working perfectly on:
- minority browsers or
- browsers with custom settings or
- third-party plugins that may affect certain website functions