With a user base of over 100 million people, LinkedIn is now the world’s largest online professional networking site. No longer is LinkedIn limited to the use of being like an online resume, it’s a valuable resource to market yourself and your business. It’s one of the best online communities for networking with others within the same industry as well as those outside it. With the large pool of potential networks and groups to tap into, the possibilities are endless to create new leads and promote your business. Here are some tips to maximise your LinkedIn presence:
- Create a LinkedIn group and add your company website or blog to the group to drive traffic to the site.
- Build your credibility by actively interacting within forums through asking and answering questions.
- Send personal messages to people you want to network and connect with them.
- Link your profile with your Twitter account, this will cross-promote content across platforms.
- As LinkedIn shows up high on search engine results, be sure to incorporate links such as your website and/or your blog within the profile. This will help in search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Add positive testimonials on other people’s profiles, this will encourage the other person to reciprocate.
So do you and your business have a LinkedIn account?