Google Maps gets Street View Trekker, Improved Accuracy, Map Maker in more countries, Maps Offline, and 3D building models.
There are a few new exciting updates Google has announced for Google Maps. Street View Trekker will be taking Maps out into the wilderness, mountains and places of interest people may like to explore. Google has for a while provided the ability to report a problem for an incorrect map marker, but now they are bringing Map Maker to Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway and Switzerland. Map Maker allows you to:
- Add places of interest such as your local restaurants, cafés, schools and more.
- Edit and update details for existing places.
- Help avid hikers by mapping trails, be it for a casual walk or an adventurous trip!
- Get driving directions and also help in making them more accurate.
- See what your peers are mapping in specific areas.
Google Maps Goes Offline, well, for Android users only (being an iPhone user this is a bit disappointing, however with Apple replacing Google Maps with their own this is not surprising). This will be a great feature though, being able to use Maps here there is no internet connection. Very helpful if travelling overseas with those super expensive internet rates while roaming! 3D Maps; by the end of the year Google aim to have 3D coverage for metropolitan areas with a combined population of 300 million people.