Google has rolled out another Panda Update, this one Version 2.3. Once again you may notice some fluctuation in your Google rankings, be it good or bad. As with all of Google's updates the aim is to produce better quality results for a users search experience. Unfortunately they don't always get it right and this leads to some good solid sites suffering as a result. In many cases if a site is really a quality website and has suffered as a result of a Google update, they will often come good after a short period of time. This year however is the first time we've noticed that quality sites have taken longer to come back into the good graces of Google. With the number of Panda Updates made, it would seem it has simply taken longer for Google to get it right this time.
History of Panda Updates in 2011
- Panda Update 1.0: Feb. 24, 2011
- Panda Update 2.0: April 11, 2011 (about 7 weeks later)
- Panda Update 2.1: May 10, 2011 (about 4 weeks later)
- Panda Update 2.2: June 16, 2011 (about 5 weeks later)
- Panda Update 2.3: July 18th, 2011 (about 4 weeks later)
Source of update history: Search Engine Land