Last Sunday, Twitter hit the 20 billion barrier and the number is climbing every second. Itâ€™s only been four years since Twitter launched and itâ€™s showing no signs of slowing down. According to Kevin Weil, member of the Twitter analytics team, this year (2010) the platform is seeing 50 million tweets a day- thatâ€™s an average of 600 tweets per second. With usage growth at such an incredible rate, how can a business be heard from amongst the crowd? Some quick Twitter tips:
- Personalise your account to give it a business feel and represent your companyâ€™s brand
- Present company news and promotions
- Join in conversations with your followers and relevant trending topics
- Keep it interesting: links to sites that will be of interest to your target audience
- Update consistently and keep going!